Welcome to Downs Infant School
Whether you are a parent, child, friend, neighbour or visitor, we want you to feel welcome and valued at Downs Infant School.
Our vision is to create a welcoming and inclusive school community where children can be happy and excited about their opportunities. We want to give children a voice and a feeling of worth. We nurture a culture of wanting to learn, and an ‘I can do it!’ attitude.
We do this by:
- · Ensuring children feel cared for, and teaching them to care for others.
- · Providing creative opportunities for children’s learning in all areas.
- · Greeting children’s achievements and efforts with enthusiasm and encouragement.
- · Welcoming and celebrating the diversity in our school community while challenging stereotypes and assumptions that might limit ambition for our children.
- · Giving all children a voice through class circle times, a school council, and a staff team who listen.
- · Relentlessly championing the needs of the most vulnerable in our community.
- · Working in partnership with our local community, including our parents and carers.
- · Thinking outside the box and trying new things for the benefit of our children and families.
Values (Our A, B, Cs)
Ambition, Belonging, Creativity, Diversity, Empathy, Flexibility
If you are a parent and have questions about your child’s education, please talk to your child’s teacher in the first instance – this is the person in school who will know your child best.
If you are looking for a place for your child, please contact the office who can advise on visits to the school.
As a welcoming, inclusive school, we take our responsibilities to promote equality very seriously. We are committed to ensuring that no-one in the school community is treated less favourably for reasons of their age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or maternity.